- Quilting terms
- the process
- reading and following a pattern
- preparing, measuring, cutting the fabric
- tips to make it all better
- getting that ¼” seam right with practice
- backing, and binding
- introduction to straight-line quilting
- tools…what’s important and what’s nice
Supplies Required for Course
- Sewing machine with either a ¼” foot or a foot with ¼” markings. If you do not have these feet, we can mark the ¼” placement with colored tape or masking tape.
- 45mm rotary cutter
- Acrylic ruler: at least 6 x 24” OR 6 ½ X 24 ½”, etc. with non-slip grippers on bottom such as Grip Strips or sand paper disks
- Cutting mat: any size that is at least larger than a fat quarter which is 18 x 22”
- Neutral color thread such as a medium gray by Aurifil or Mettler
- Seam ripper
- Machine needles, universal, size 80/12
- Suggested: Quiltmaking Essentials Book 1: Cutting and Piecing Skills
- Fabric: 7 fat quarters in lights, mediums. This will work with Christmas prints, or any of your choice. If you have a jelly roll you like, that will work too but will be enough to make a table runner and placemats as well.
- Practice fabric: (2-4) 10” squares, any contrasting color to practice 1/4” seam
- Backing and Binding 2 yards
- Batting: cotton or other natural fiber 1 ¾ yard of 18” wide runner batting
Please be familiar and comfortable with your machine prior to class. Be sure to have 1 to 2 bobbins filled with your neutral thread. Do not pre-wash fabrics unless colors choices include white with darks. Press and starch all fabric prior to class.
Print out the Class Registration Form, complete it. Either drop it off or mail it. Please remember, checks must be made payable directly to the instructors. (Note: You are not completely registered for the class until payment to the instructor has been received.)
Please… Sign up for classes at least 2 weeks in advance.
We need time to prepare kits & samples so you will be able to enjoy your class. If there is insufficient interest in a class, you will be notified of cancellation one week prior to the class. So don’t wait till the last minute to sign up for the classes you are interested in!
(M) = Machine Required