• the language of quilting
• the tools…what’s important and what’s nice
• what’s the process? • preparing, measuring, cutting the fabric
• tips to make it all better
• getting that ¼” seam right with practice
• blocks, batting and backing, oh my!
• And lots more
Supplies Required for Course
Recommended book: Quiltmaking Essentials 1: Cutting and Piecing Skills by Donna Lynn Thomas. Publisher That Patchwork Place. $18.99 plus 10% class discount.
• Sewing machine with either a ¼” foot or a foot with ¼” markings. If you do not have these feet, we can mark the ¼” placement with colored tape or masking tape.
• Pattern – Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs
• 45mm rotary cutter
• Acrylic ruler: 6 x 18” OR 6 x 24”
• Cutting mat: any size that is at least larger than a fat quarter which is 18 x 22”
• Neutral color thread such as a medium gray by Aurifil or Mettler
• Seam ripper
• Machine needles, universal, size 80/12
• Spray starch or Best Press
• Fabric: 6 fat quarters of complementary colors (2 light, 2 medium, 2 dark) for baby-size quilt
• Practice fabric: (2-4) 5” squares, any contrasting color
• Backing: 3 yards
• Binding: 1 3/8 yards
• Batting: 48 x 57”, craft or crib size
Please be familiar and comfortable with your machine prior to class. Be sure to have 1 to 2 bobbins filled with your neutral thread. Do not pre-wash fabrics unless colors choices include white with darks. Press and starch all fabric prior to class.
Print out the Class Registration Form, complete it. Either drop it off or mail it. Please remember, checks must be made payable directly to the instructors. (Note: You are not completely registered for the class until payment to the instructor has been received.)
Please… Sign up for classes at least 2 weeks in advance.
We need time to prepare kits & samples so you will be able to enjoy your class. If there is insufficient interest in a class, you will be notified of cancellation one week prior to the class. So don’t wait till the last minute to sign up for the classes you are interested in!
(M) = Machine Required