Tee Shirt/Memory Quilt Class
Tuesday, August 10th
$30.00 made payable to Maryfran Fettinger
Join us as you learn about the ins and outs of making a tee-shirt or memory quilt. We’ll discuss all of the options for quilt design, using sashing & borders, choosing backing fabric and binding. We will prepare the blocks and design but not assemble the quilt in this class.
The tees should be clean without major wrinkles. You will learn about:
- choosing stabilizer
- stabilizing correctly
- the process of cutting
- what to do about challenging Tee shirts
- pattern or no pattern?
- Decisions, decisions…about sashing and borders, backing and binding
- 12-16 tee shirts, uncut, clean
- Very lightweight fusible interfacing such as Pellon Sheerweight non-woven
- 6 or 6 ½” by 24” ruler
- Large square ruler. Bring what you have. 12 1/2” square suggested. If
- Rotary cutter with new blade.
- Cutting mat at least as large as your largest tee shirt
- 7” or 8” scissors, sharpened if not new
- Long straight quilt pins
- Inexpensive piece of flannel fabric or fleece, or a flat sheet to layout the design, as large as your planned quilt size.
For assembly later:
- Sewing machine & walking foot for putting blocks together and straight line quilting
- Neutral color thread for piecing
- Quilt baste pins OR 505 Spray Baste
Print out the Class Registration Form, complete it. Either drop it off or mail it. Please remember, checks must be made payable directly to the instructors. (Note: You are not completely registered for the class until payment to the instructor has been received.)
Please… Sign up for classes at least 2 weeks in advance.
We need time to prepare kits & samples so you will be able to enjoy your class. If there is insufficient interest in a class, you will be notified of cancellation one week prior to the class. So don’t wait till the last minute to sign up for the classes you are interested in!
(M) = Machine Required